Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brave (part three of my countdown)

a five letter word that has nothing to do with being unafraid.

It is choosing to act when every primieval cell of your body is telling you to run in  the opposite direction.

Sometimes, "brave" is in the little things... taking that tiny step off of the high dive....getting up on stage and belting out a song....  standing up for an opinion that the majority doesn't hold....

I'm not always as brave as I would like to be. I know that there are some things that I will never convince myself to do:

I will never jump out of an airplane.
I will not walk barefoot in the midst of snakes.
I will not voluntarily stick my hand in a clear box filled with mosquitos.
I will never eat guacamole.

Some things are just too scary.

"Be brave", they say. "Try a bite or two". I have forgotten to tell the waiter not to bring me that slimy green stuff along with my fajita.
 "How can you say you dont' like it, if you've never tried it?"
 I shrug my shoulders as I lay my napkin on top of the foreign looking mush, trying not to gag at the sight of it, plopped  on  the upper quadrant of my otherwise fabulous plate.

Some things are just too scary.



L

No comments: