Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A-Z -( I)



If .... then.
If I recall correctly, If... then statements had a lot to do with geometry, which I actually enjoyed.
Those words also had to do a lot with computer programming which I failed.... twice.

If a picture paints a thousand words than why can't I paint you?" Was it Jim Croce that sang that line in a song?  It brings back memories of junior high which I sometimes enjoyed... and failed twice. (Just kidding!)


If wishes were horses, beggars would be riders. I love these kind of old sayings. I think that children these days don't learn as many nursery rhymes and sayings as we did "back in the day".



If wishes were horses... my very visual mind can see this. Wishes, galloping along, their manes flying in the win, hooves thundering down the plains.... although come to think of it, I don't think wishes would gallop.  The whole idea behind wishes is that they are a bit sedentary, a bit passive. You don't go anywhere on a wish.


This saying kind of reminds me of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. I loved the tv version that was done a few years back with Whitney Houston as the fairy godmother and Brandy as Cinderella.  When they sing the song "impossible", Whitney makes it clear that sitting in your own little corner in your own little chair just won't cut it.



I think a wish has to begin as a wish and then move on to a dream and then  ultimately there has to be a leap of faith that will turn that dream into reality.

What if Cinderella hadn't gotten into the pumpkin carriage? No matter what the fairy godmother did for her, she wouldn't have gotten to the ball.






And then, there are the "If only"s...  Maybe "if" is a bigger word than I thought in the beginning...


L

1 comment:

Unknown said...

play bazaar

play bazaar

satta king Stay away from chiropractors that want to give you into dietary supplements and herbal remedies. They may be charlatans if they sell their office. Nutritionists and doctors are the best sources of this advice.