Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gabe: Part Two:

Gabe: Me again! I wanted to catch you up on the Mary and Joseph story…

I had the honor of returning to earth with another message from the Almighty. This was the third time in just six months time! Let me tell you, there were some big goings on in that little town of Nazareth!


This time I was here to visit Joe. Most of you know him as Joseph, but I call him Joe. I feel like he and I have a “family” connection seeing as how I’ve seen him in his pajamas and all.

So here’s the deal, right after I visited with Mary, she went off and visited her cousin, Elizabeth (Zacharias’ wife- if you remember me mentioning him the last time I was here.) She stayed there for about three months.

When she returned, she went to visit Joe. Now, Joe had already heard some rumors that he just really didn’t want to believe. But when he saw Mary, he started to suspect they might be true.

And sure enough Mary told him that she was pregnant. She proceeded to tell him the rest of the story, but to be honest; I don’t think that Joe was really listening. He was devastated. He loved Mary. And now, he was going to have to break off the engagement because…. Well, because she must have another boyfriend!

He went home really depressed about the whole thing. And what do you do when you are really depressed about something? That’s right, you go to bed.

So Joe went to bed and although it took him a long time to go to sleep, he finally did fall into a restless slumber.

That’s where I come in to the story again.

To be honest I was a little irritated that Joe didn’t believe Mary. But remembering he was only human, I gave him a little bit of grace in the circumstance and didn’t scare him too badly when I showed up in his dreams. (waves his sword around a bit)

“Joe,” I said, “ Don’t be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

Well to his credit, Joe woke up from that dream and did exactly what I told him to do. He went straight to Mary and married the girl… and just a few months later they had a son…. and they named him Jesus.

Now some of you may think that this is the end of my part in the story, but I tell you, there’s a whole lot more.

I haven’t told you about the shepherds or the threat on baby Jesus’ life. So stay tuned! You won’t want to miss it!

No comments: