Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gabriel: Part Three (a skit from Children's Church)

Part Three:

Okay, so I don’t have long before I have to go to my next assignment, but I did want to tell you about the shepherds. 

They were ordinary folks, just the kind that the Almighty really likes, you know? So He decided that they were the ones that should hear about the Messiah before anyone else.

So as they were sitting there watching their sheep, one lone angel appeared in the sky. (Smiles big) I’ll let you guess who that was.  To say those guys freaked out a bit is an understatement.

I told them where they would find Jesus and then a bunch of my buddies appeared and we all sang a glorious song. We were so excited that God’s plan was unfolding in front of our very eyes.

I heard that as soon as we left, the shepherds picked up their stuff and ran to Bethlehem to find Jesus.

The next time I was part of the story was much later… I had the chance to show up in one of Joseph’s dreams, to warn him about King Herod coming after Jesus. Joseph, being the wise man that he was, obeyed the warning immediately and took his family to Egypt until it was finally safe for them to return to Nazareth a few years later.

So now you are caught up with my part in this fantastic story of God’s plan that involves each of you! All of this planning, all of this miraculous stuff, all of this love pouring out of heaven was for each and every one of you! It reminds me of something I heard somewhere before….

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life….
What a great idea…. Have a great life! See you in eternity!


No comments: