Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kids teach too!

Sometimes something happens in children's church that teaches me something new or just really refreshes my spirit. I love it when that happens.
Today, we started studying the Beattitudes. (in my 19 years as a children's pastor, I have taught this a bazillion times...) I asked the kids to tell me what they thought the word, "Blessed" means. After numerous children attempted to answer, one boy responded with this: "It means that God's favor is on us".  I thought that was a great answer. It became an even better answer when I read the scriptures using that phrase instead of the word "blessed".


The favor of God is on those who are poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 


The favor of God is on those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 


The favor of God is on the meek, for they will inherit the earth.


The favor of God is on those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled.


The favor of God is on the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 


The favor of God is on the pure in heart, for they will see God.


The favor of God is on the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.


The favor of God is on those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.











No comments: