Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The "E"s have it!

Eli, Elijah, Elisha, Ephraim, Esther, Ezra, ,Elizabeth,  Ehud, Ezekiel, and Emily. Too many "e"s. don't know which one to pick... It's 9:53. I just got home. I think that this is my mulligan day. What's a mulligan? From what I understand, it's a golf term that means you get to take a shot over again.
Or...
You guys could just tell me which one you want to learn more about.
Eli- Fat priest with ungodly sons... raised Samuel, who was one of the best.
Elijah- Fabulous prophet. Did lots of miracles, mentored Elisha.
Elisha- Asked for a double portion of Elijah's power. Did some really strange miracles.
Ephraim- Son of Joseph, brother to Mannaseh
Esther- One of my favorite people in the whole Bible. "For such a time as this, she was born."
Ezra- Was in charge of rebuilding the temple.
Elizabeth- Mother to John the Baptist, cousin to Mary who was the mother of Jesus.
Ehud- Great Judge of Israel, who killed a fat king (already wrote about this one though.)
Ezekiel- Don't ask me about him. I'll have to do too much research.


Okay, so, it's up to you!


L

5 comments:

baygirl32 said...

Elijah!


stopping in from the A to Z to say hello
http://baygirl32.blogspot.com/

Sheila Siler said...

I'm partial to Eli (as you know it's my son's name), but I'd like more about Elizabeth.

Angela said...

E names are so beautiful. I especially like Elijah.

Unknown said...

Yes, there are a lot of E's. How about Eve, Enoch, or Esau? I like Enoch.

Linda Fischer said...

Rose, I LOVE Enoch too. See why it was so difficult to choose?!