Sunday, April 17, 2011

Obed

Obed's parents were the famed Ruth and Boaz from the book of Ruth. Obed grew up and had a son named Jesse who had a son named David, who just happened to become the King of Israel, and a man after God's own heart. That's all I know about Obed, but it's enough.

I know this isn't always the case, but I like to imagine that Obed must have been a good dad and grandfather. I know his parents were filled with faith and it appears that  heritage was passed down through the next few generations.

When this happens, and sometimes it does happen, I wonder "why"? I wonder "How"?  My deepest desire is that my children stay strong in the faith for their entire lives... I've made a zillion mistakes as a parent, I know...but my kids seem to be doing okay, more than okay, they're awesome.

But how will I ensure that they "win the prize"? I will pray. For the rest of my life, I will pray, as my mom did, I'm sure. I will pray that they will not only endure to the end, but that they will finish strong.

I believe in a God who answers prayers like these...



L

2 comments:

nutschell said...

just dropping by to say hello from the a-z. this is an interesting series of posts. :)
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Unknown said...

cool! you don't hear much about obed but he was a good man.