Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Oddities of Me

Weird things about me:
1. I am allergic to bagged lettuce. (when I explain this to people verbally, they think I am saying "bad lettuce". I'm sure they are thinking "Isn't everybody?"

2. I am allergic to aspirin. The right side of my upper lip swells up. That's all. Just the right side of my lip. So the question is... If I think I'm having a heart attack and someone hands me an aspirin, do I take it?

3. I am allergic to the chlorine in our pool. If I go underwater, even for a second, when I come up out of the water, my throat hurts enough to make me cry.

4. Enough with the allergies.  my toes (except for my big toe) don't actually move separately. I thought this was normal until I watched my children spread out their toes wide enough so they could put a toothbrush between them. (Not that they did that. That would be gross.)  That may have been just a little bit too much information.

5. I wear socks to bed every night. (and that has nothing to do with the movement or lack thereof of my toes.)

6. I alphabetize my spices... I know the 50 states alphabetically, and my dvds are all in alphabetical order.  Now this may not seem too strange to some people, but considering that I am one of the world's most disorganized people, its really is a bit of a shocker. My kids think it's weird.

7. 27 is my favorite number. When my son asked me why that number, I said the obvious answer: " because 3 times 9 equals that."

8. I've been working out since January 1st and have gained three pounds... I stopped drinking Pepsi two weeks ago and haven't lost a pound. Don't know if that's weird for the rest of the world, but it is for me.

9. All of my animals are black and white except one chicken which is reddish brown.

10. I once bought two parakeets for church. My plan was to videotape them to make it look like they were telling the Bible stories... I still think it was a great idea... I was just a lousy editor.


Okay, so that's it. I'd love to hear about an odd thing or two that you do... Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo out there!



L

No comments: