Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C- Dear Carl

Just a quick note to say how grateful I am that you are able to be where I can not be. Living sixteen hours from the home place is always a little bit hard, but it feels even worse when critical events are occurring and you can't get "there" in time.

Thank you for taking such good care of Dad these last few years; helping him to adjust to the assisted living place and  helping all of the rest of us adapt to "the new normal".  What a crazy few years it's been.

It's a bit of a minefield, isn't it? And yet, you seem suited to it. Whether it's talking to a nurse about the amount of medicine that Dad is on, or calming sibling misunderstandings, you have the gift of "calm and certain".

 I think it's amazing to me because I remember the chaos of your teen years... Is it okay that I say that? What a difference 35 years makes, eh? :)  (Just a reminder of how old we actually are now!)

You've done well, big brother. You've done well.


I love you.

Lyn



L





 










5 comments:

Sheila Siler said...

Ahh . . . how wonderful to have such a great big brother, I know what you mean.

kjmckendry said...

It is amazing how much we grow as we age!

I too have some great brothers!

Happy A-Z!

Sue said...

Linda, I love the A to Z letter thing! And, what a nice letter to Carl! I hope that he gets to see it...I have been telling him the same things! Linda, you are awesome! Love you!
Sue

Pa Ul said...

lovely and interesting post :)
do check out my E at GAC a-z

MOV said...

Linda, what a sweet post, and great a to z concept! love it!

will be back to read more, am following now!

feel free to take a peek at my blog too if you have time, I am doing a travel theme:

http://wordcut.blogspot.com

best,
MOV