Thursday, April 26, 2012

W-Dear Wayne,

You surely already know how much I respect you and love you and credit you with so much of what is good in my life. I talk about you and Debbie often and think of you  even more.
You were my youth pastor. You made it all real for me.
You took me on my first foreign missions trip (to the Dominican Republic!)
You married me.  Well, wait, you didn't marry me... you were in charge of marrying Gregg and me. 
You encouraged me.
You challenged me.

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have gone to Eastern College ("University" now). If I hadn't gone to Eastern, I wouldn't have met Sharon, Kevin, Stephen, Jet, or Amy. If I hadn't met Sharon, I wouldn't have met Scott. If I hadn't met Scott, I wouldn't have met Gary. If I hadn't met Gary, I wouldn't have met Gregg. If I hadn't met Gregg, you wouldn't have officiated at my wedding! 

If I hadn't met Gregg, I wouldn't have met Tammy. If I hadn't met Tammy, I wouldn't have met Kim. If I hadn't met Kim, I wouldn't have been able to work in an awesome Christian group home for two years.

If I hadn't worked in the group home, I wouldn't have met Chuck and Marliss. If I hadn't met Chuck and Marliss, I wouldn't have worked at a Christian social work agency.

If I hadn't worked at the social work agency, I wouldn't have met the foster mom who made my wedding cake and flowers for free!

If I hadn't met Gregg, I wouldn't have moved to North Carolina. If I hadn't moved to North Carolina, I wouldn't have become Children's Pastor at one of the best churches in the world!

If I hadn't become Children's Pastor at one of the best churches in the world, I wouldn't have met all of the absolutely fabulous people that are some of my closest friends.

If I hadn't become Children's Pastor at one of the best churches in the world, I wouldn't have become the children's Pastor of another one of the best churches in the world.

And there you have it.  The 12 degrees of separation that take me from youth group in the 70's right to the here and now.   :)

Thanks for being there when I needed you!



L




No comments: